REVENUE ADMINISTRATION REFORM ACTIVITY
Electronic Tax Information System-1 (eTIS-1)
- Preparations underway for live implementation at 13 pilot offices
- Production, test, training, and data migration environments have been set-up in iGov ICTO, the hosting facility
- One-time data migration of TRS tested in pre-prod environment
- Network bandwidth of the pilot offices have been upgraded
- Infrastructure issues related to unstable network connection are being addressed
- A secondary network connection is in place
- An interim backup facility is available
- Preparatory activities for the nationwide rollout are being conducted
- Successive versions of eTIS being reviewed
- eTIS-1.1 – non-priority forms and stop filers
- eTIS-2 – customization of additional functionalities
- Assessment study will be conducted to pre-empt technical issues on the scalability of eTIS
- Actual optimization work to be undertaken
- Provision of additional infrastructure
Automated Auditing Tools (AATs)
- ACL licenses provided and are used in the Computer-Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) laboratory in the National Office
- Training on basic and advance ACL provided to the Large Taxpayer Service of the NO and to other BIR personnel engaged in audit of large taxpayers
- Sales suppression detection training to be conducted
- MCC funding being requested to rollout AATs in other regional and district offices to scale-up the program
Public Awareness Campaign (PAC)
- PAC is envisioned to complement revenue reforms
- 2014 campaign focused on tax obligations of self-employed and professionals and the burden of the tax evaders to the taxpayers
- For 2015, theme is nationalistic and “anthemic” with the objective of rousing the taxpayers to pay correct taxes no matter how small the contributions are
- Engaged to inject into the reform program global best practices in specialized areas of revenue administration
- IMF advisory services and technical assistance continued to provide short term missions on previously reported areas of the 2014 Compliance Improvement Strategy (CIS) and BIR reform program assessment.
- Substantial gains are reported in the pilot VAT Audit and Arrears Management programs in the Large Taxpayer Service (LTS) and four (4) Metro Manila revenue regions.
- Reported VAT deficiency identified increased from PHP 2.7 billion as of CY2013 to PHP 9.2 billion as of September 2014, of which PHP 2 billion was already collected as of December 2014.
- Collection in tax arrears is reported to have reached PHP 4.5 billion representing an 89 percent increase since the start of the pilot program in 2013.
- The Taxpayer Service Strategy to be piloted in the same revenue regions to further transform how taxpayer services are provided will be implemented in April 2015.
- BIR has committed to institutionalize these changes to strengthen its business processes.
- Assistance focused on the redesign and transformation of priority tax forms
- BIR has taken on the work to complete the redesign of the remaining forms.
- 2014 mission focused on status reviews of the Caloocan, San Pablo and Quezon City DPDs
- Procurement of Electronic Data Management System (EDMS) by BIR is scheduled on Q3 2015
REVENUE INTEGRITY PROTECTION SERVICE
- Provided assistance in the capacity-building of RIPS personnel on training related to its functions
- Provided additional surveillance vehicles and equipment and operating requirements for lifestyle check surveillance operations
- Development of Case Management System (CMS) and digitization of SALNs, Personal Date Sheet (PDS), 201 files, and case dockets is in progress
- Inclusion of an Automated Investigation Tool, an analytical anti-graft and corruption tool