RARP PROJECT UPDATES
- The Electronic Tax Information System -1 (ETIS-1) sub-activity is underway, with Indra Philippines doing the repair and enhancements of the existing e-TIS of BIR.
- A Consultant for a Public Awareness Campaign for BIR has been selected, and preparations are underway to launch the PAC in the first quarter of 2014.
- MCC has funded the services of the US Treasury Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) to provide technical assistance to BIR to meet the objectives of the BIR to set up a Document Processing Division for each of the 19 Revenue Regions.
- The US Treasury is also helping the BIR in redesigning the taxpayer forms (specifically the 1700 series) to make the forms easier for taxpayers to fill as well as to make them Optical Character Reader (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) ready.
- In RIPS, MCC has funded the acquisition of three vehicles and surveillance equipment for the use of RIPS for surveillance purposes.